Monday, December 28, 2009

Dying for a new post?

This summer before I went on vacation I was frantically trying to get posts ready for when I was going to be gone. My mom asked me why I was doing that. She said "No one will die if you don't post for a week." But I didn't believe it. I kind of thought you might die. Or maybe I thought I might. =)

But then this fall hit and it might be a bit of an understatement that I was quite overwhelmed keeping up with it all. I kept repeating to myself "No one will die if I don't blog." Turns out I didn't die and neither did you. I lost a few readers, but I'm okay with that. Hopefully some day they'll come back. I am hoping in the new year to have a little more time to hang out on here since I am cutting way back on business. Hoping to spend some more time with my fam, a little more time sleeping, and a little time learning to play the guitar I got for Christmas. I'm hoping for a little more relaxed 2010...knowing you will be here when I write but won't die if I don't!

This is a little late, but that seems to be just my speed these days...



Avery's birthday party is this weekend. Lots to make...lots to clean...lots to blog! Be back tomorrow!

8 comments:

Jodee said...

I can completely relate! It's so hard to do everything! Now that people can follow, I doubt you lost any readers!

I love your Christmas card!

Welcome back and bring on the parties! Carson and I were just talking about a baseball party in June! I can't wait! I still want you to make zebra cupcake picks for Kam's birthday in August too!

Hope you have a great week!

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

Just wanted to let you know that I didn't die and you were missed! Can't wait to see pictures of the party...no pressure!

Happy New Year, Jess! Love the Christmas card!

Unknown said...

I know the feeling. Feelis like I can never get it all done and meet all of my own expectations... I always say "there's not enough of me to go around, I need a double!"

having lots of kiddos is a full time job alone, not to mention trying to do anything else and stay satisfied creatively :)

love the color combo on your christmas card- too cute!!

PRINCIPES DO MEU REINO ! said...

I don`t die, mas i surelly miss your posts!

Welcome back!

PatrĂ­cia (from Portugal)

My Daily Circus said...

I didnt die.My family is happy about that. Keep the balance...I have missed you but my blog has been as dead as yours. So no worries, and keep the family and hubby first, everything else can wait. lov you

Hunter and Hailey's mom said...

I am still here! You didn't disappoint! I got 2 small babies and with the holidays you want to make memories with them!!!!!! Welcome Back! Can't wait to see Avery's party pics!!!

Lora Joy said...

I love your christmas card! Beautiful family!!! I love the color coordination! hehe

you are my inspiration to my daughter's 1st birthday last November! I made a photo banner from born to 12 months after seeing it on your blog!!! Thanks!

Karen Beck said...

Wow, you do it all! No wonder you had to take a break from blogging!

You are soooo creative and talented! I love your daughter's CUTE skirt she wore in the Christmas pic and for her birthday! Do you mind me asking where you got it from?

Sincerely,

Karen