Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Oh how she's grown!

Hard to believe my baby girl is 4. I know people say it is amazing and that time just flies, but it really is true. I had so much fun planning Ave's party this year...she has gotten to be my little PDP apprentice and is so into the details. E took the kids out of the house one day so I could start getting decorations in order. Her face was priceless when she walked in. It made every minute I spent worth it!

So as far as inspiration {as I said in an earlier post} came from some paper I found and loved. From there I made these invitations {also posted earlier!}


I decided very early on to use the pettiskirt that I had bought for our family pictures and a scallop shirt and scallop "a" hair clip from Em Tanner paired with my very favorite Babylegs for her outfit. The scallop was very flower reminiscent and I loved the fonts and knew I had them and could use them for the rest of the decor as well.



I made close to all of the decor I made myself...you know the usual stuff...the pics from the actual party are not great...it was so dark and I didn't have my camera set on a good setting for night pics. I took some pics earlier and some after during daylight hours, but the ones from the actual party aren't wonderful...but you'll get the overall idea!

A sign to greet everyone (I had to brave -20 degree temps to get this pic!)...


Some flower cupcake toppers to top the always pretty AND delicious cupcakes from my BF Tracie...

(Stands are from Crate and Barrel...thank you to my Mother-In-Law for borrowing hers so that I could have a matching set!)

Napkin Rings...

(Paper goods from Plates & Napkins of course!)

Hats and a crown for the birthday girl...


Flower Lollipop Favors for each child to take home...


I always try to look for something fun to do as a guest book. I took a shadow box that I had here and lined it with some of the paper I had to match the party, stuck Avery's invite in the middle, and had the guests sign flowers that I made to give Avery birthday wishes. They just attached them with a glue dot. I am going to keep it up in Avery's room...a fun reminder of the party throughout the year...


I did not go at this party completely alone though...I found a fabric line designed with the same prints as the paper I already bought, so my girl *golden* hooked me up with an awesome table runner (no name or age so that it can be used for many years and birthdays to come!) and some napkins that had "4"s and "A"s with flowers on them that we used for serving food and under lamps in the living room...


Then I tried two new Etsy girls I've had my eyes on FOR.EV.ER. They did not disappoint and I was even able to trade products for some of it which is always fun and a money saver!

First PomLove...

These pics don't even really do them justice to how pretty they are and what a design punch they really add to a space. I used them both on the sides of the banner I made and then after seeing this on Party Perfect (via Design Sponge) I made a small cluster of poms and lanterns and made some garland from the matching paper to wind in there as well...


Then maybe one of the cutest things ever came from Lollipop Workshop...

I found through a friend and knew I wanted to do one for Ave if I could...meanwhile they started popping up all over the place. After seeing one on Bakerella here, I got the idea to make her her own little PDP banner...


This is where Avery almost passed out. It was her favorite thing at the party...her own little dolly with her own little banner! She says she's going to use it for her dollies to have birthday parties. =) That's my girl.

So after pics were taken of everything, it was time for cake...

Three screamers out of nine kids...not bad. Kids LOVE my hats, I tell you. Then just a couple other cute pics from the party...


Happy birthday, Aves! I love you!

25 comments:

Kristy {the purple pug} said...

WOW! Every last detail is amazing...What a perfect party...Adore the color combo. BEYOND charming...

Shelley said...

What a great party!
Shelley@DivinePartyConcepts

Mrs. J Manny said...

SO CUTE! Avery is the funnest little girl in that skirt, and her party definitely looked fun as well!

Kids Recipes said...

Wow what a talented Mommy you are! Avery is one lucky 4 year old:) Beautiful birthday party.

Unknown said...

seriously crazy awesome party! i LOOOOVE the cake topper with the lil banner! LOVE!

Carissa said...

I have said it many times before and I will say it again...AMAZING!!!! You have such a talent! Her party is so cute. I love the little doll and banner. So neat!!! You are awesome:)

katie@tulsadetails said...

Oh my gosh! The party was amazing! You did an awesome job and it was so adorable. Your kids will have such great party memories!

Jodee said...

Holy cow! What a fabulous party! I love every little detail and I especially love the bright colors!

Two Little Tots said...

love all of the details. one question, who made the table runner, i just love it and would love to make one or have it made.

wonderful job!

Heather said...

all of your ideas are wonderful, as always, but the mini banner is the best EVER! I love that Avery thought of using it for her dolls...I never would hae thought of that, but am now thinking my Avery needs one for her new dollhouse. Great party.

Jayme said...

Love the colors, the banner, the hats, skirt...love everything.

Tiffany said...

Jess, it looks AWESOME!! I cannot wait to know what I am having just so I can get on your waiting list for a 1st birthday party!! You are so talented!!

Valerie said...

Beautiful colors! I love the pic of your happy little girl in her pretty clothes with all that fun party stuff.

Haley Nicodemus said...

I just found your blog through Katie (It's in the details blog) and wow - you are soooo talented! Your pictures are amazing and it your kiddos are so adorable!

I could seriously look at the pictures from Avery's b-day party over and over again - the decor is incredible.

I have an 11 week old little girl and I've attempted to make poms to hang in her room. Any tips? I canNOT make it work!

All Things Cherish said...

Wow, I just stumbled upon your blog last night and was perusing and reading for almost an hour. You have an amazing talent!! You should definitely open an Etsy shop or an online store soon, when you have the time of course.

Unknown said...

this could be your cutest party yet!

Unknown said...

found you through poca cosas...
this party is adorable..every last detail is amazing..down to avery's "leg warmers"

Unknown said...

found you through poca cosas...
this party is adorable..every last detail is amazing..down to avery's "leg warmers"

Sweetly Sweet said...

Everything looks PERFECT! Good job on the party, you are VERY talented!

amy * stem * said...

Well if this isn't just the cutests? I would expect no less, but wanted to say fab job! What a fun day for Avery!

Candy and Cake Sugar Designs said...

Adorable party! Love the little doll as well, with it's own birthday banner. Very cute!!!

Lora Joy said...

Everything looks AMAZING! I love it! hehe! It just makes me wanna throw another party!

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

Jess, you just amaze me! LOVE the tablecloth and cake topper-just perfect! All the details are wonderful. I know you got the invites out late but I can tell months of planning went into that party :)

I hope everyone had a nice holiday and you are getting back to the swing of things.

Ashley Melina said...

adorable, i love, love, love the font and colors you used.

The Swanky Isis said...

That cake is to die for! I love it and love the garland on the cake matching the garland in real life! So cute!