Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Feather her nest...

I am in full swing preparing for my high school BFF's baby shower next weekend. After discussions about many different themes, she ultimately decided she liked the little birdie motif the best. Tracie found out she was having a girl at her ultrasound, but wanted to keep it a secret until the invitations went out. Lord knows I LOVE being in on a secret! =) The theme worked perfectly for this..."a little birdie says Tracie's having a girl!!"

Photobucket

I have done a birdie theme for birthday parties before, but was excited to make the bird a little more adult and sophisticated for this party. I drew a new bird based on some fun paper that I found.

As for envelopes, I've been wanting to try wrap around labels ever since my friend Bridgett of Perideau Designs did it for her daughter Kendall. Remember this project?? I don't think I ever linked to Bridgett's pictures of that party, either...they really are adorable...you should check them out! Anyway, thanks Bridgett for the inspiration on the labels...

Photobucket

They are one long strip of label with the guest's address and your return address all in one (I added a pattern that matched my theme in between) and you just wrap the around the invitation. I found that they were actually super simple and had great design impact. Remember that the label is the first inkling to your guests about what you have up your party sleeve!

Lots more of this party in coming weeks!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so obsessed with birds! lol... I am in love with this! Love it, love it!

Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com

party inspiration

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

Beautiful! Look forward to seeing more!

Megan said...

That is super cute! Love that the invite was used to announce the sex of the baby.

Rach said...

I didn't know this was also used to announce the sex!! So cool!! Did you take a pic of the back of the invites with the wrap around label?! I wanna see, it looks so cool! xo

Sandi said...

So cute!! That is one of my favorite "birdie" invites I've seen! Labels look great!

Stephanie said...

Hi there, I would LOVE to know where you got the elements for this invite :)
Thanks!