Monday, May 10, 2010

Consider her feathered...

Tracie and I have been friends since Kindergarten.
I used to stay at her house and we'd use an Easy Bake oven.
Fast forward 25 years and she has graduated to being the cupcake QUEEN.
She is responsible for all my kids birthday cakes and cupcakes & all my PDP photo shoots.
They aren't only cute, they're delicious.

We dream of one day quitting our jobs and opening our own store.
So now that she has finally decided she'd like my kiddos to have a playmate
I couldn't wait to start planning her baby shower to pay her back for all her delicious cake art.
She kind of thought I was crazy since she was only about 8 weeks pregnant at the time.
Sorry Trac, that's how I roll...

Photobucket

As I said in previous posts, Tracie decided she'd like to announce the sex of the baby with the invitations and therefore loved the little birdie "feather her nest" party that I suggested. {invitations here}

After lots of planning with Tracie's sister Lisa, we decided to get together Friday night to decorate Tracie's house.

We talked out the majority of where things would go & decided to finish the rest in the morning.
When I came back the next morning, the decorating was finished.

Tracie, Lisa, and their mom Kathy had finished decorating themselves.
Normally, this would be cause for an extreme stress on my part.
I admit it. Sometimes I can be a party control freak.

There, I said it. Happy now? =)

But the girls took everything I had brought and put it in places I never would have thought of.
It was fabulous. They have wonderful taste, so I should have expected nothing less.
Tired of my jibber jabber? I thought so. So, the details...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

As usual, I missed a lot of pictures I wish I would have had.
I forgot pictures of the napkin rings, but I'm sure you can imagine.
I also forgot to take a picture of the guest book...one of my sisters' and my favorites from childhood {which just happens to be celebrating its 50th anniversary this year!} The Best Nest.
There were other things, too, but you'll just have to imagine them all.
There were 40 ladies in attendance...getting around to get pictures was not as easy, both because of space and because I talk too much!

All the vendor details later this week...lots of thank yous to pass around!

Photobucket

Love you, Trac! It was such a fun day. Can't wait to meet her!


23 comments:

My Daily Circus said...

Congrat Trac! Wow, you are so beautiful! You are going to be a great mom and how precious a baby girl! Spoil her rotten!

Jess- you are so talented! nice job babe!

Rach said...

Even BETTER than I had imagined in my WILDEST dreams!!! You knocked this one out, big time!!! I could spent 45 minutes looking at the pictures alone! ;) Great job and thank you so much for the honor of letting me be a part of it! :) xoxo

Cammi at Cammi Lee Events said...

Oh my! So adorable! I just found out a week ago that my sister is having a baby - it'll be my first niece or nephew... I'm already starting to plan, too! :)

Lindsey {Bella Grace Party Designs} said...

What a precious shower! I love the sweet little cupcake toppers!

Michelle said...

OMG! I LOVE it! All the details are gorgeous. All the little trees around on the cupcakes and around the food to hold the fancy labels!!!! Then reading your story and dream - it made me think about a series of 4 books I am in the process of reading by Nora Roberts - it is the wedding quartet or something like that, but it a about 4 women who start a wedding business after knowing each other since grade school. It reminds me of your story! Good luck and fab party!

Unknown said...

I love the design! And the tree cupcake toppers is a definite keeper! love that!

Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Mrs. J Manny said...

Im such a sucker for birdie anything. this is the cutest baby shower EVER! you did SUCH a great job!

Brittany Schwaigert said...

LOVE this! I did a "Feather Her Nest" shower this weekend for a boy and we had a lot of these same ideas! It's super cute for a girl too!

Mrs.F said...

Beautiful shower! I am helping with the decor/planning of my best friends bird themed baby shower in a couple of months so thanks for some ideas!
Question: What do you use to cut out all your labels & banner circles/letters? Do you use a cricut machine (or some other machine) or do you do it with stencils/by hand?

CWBD Parties said...

Everything looks fantastic! I love the theme and the colors! I love all the little details, as well.

A To Zebra Celebrations said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!! I'm planning my first baby shower and I feels o inspired...THANKS!!! You girls ROCK :)

Bridgit said...

Just found your blog ...love it ...and all your cute/creatvie goodies! Now to anothe subject ...pic from the shower ...love your top ...where'd ya get it? bggianakos@yahoo.com

Coastal California said...

wonderful & sweet! I love the theme....makes me think of Beth Moore's book Feathers from my Nest. Great momma advice, in retrospective.

Great color combos :)
happy baby :)
~Ada in Coastal Cali

Unknown said...

this is so cute! i love the color scheme and the whimsical birds. sooo great!!

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

wow just found your blog and LOVE it. already subscribed. hehe. what a lovely party!! so many fun details.

Brittany said...

I am new to your site and was wondering if you made all of that yourself. If so, do you sell your products? What a beautiful party!! You are so talented!

Amanda said...

So very, very pretty! I love all the details and I wish I had one ounce of your creativity! My baby Emily will be one in August and I would love your help for the party if you take on any new projects this summer. You did my cousin Courtney's 1st birthday party for her son, Jacob, and she recommended you. Enjoy your summer parties! amandareiss@insightbb.com

Stefanie - anna and blue paperie said...

This is by far one of the cutest parties I have ever seen. I am in the midst of planning a party and love the idea for holding the forks. Would you mind sharing where you found the white canister?

Amanda said...

oops. My e-mail is actually amanda.reiss@insightbb.com (I always forget about that "dot" in between my name.) :)

heather said...

wow! what a great shower theme. The pictures made me feel like I was there. Everything looks fantastic and even the little details were considered. great job!!

Ssanchez said...

Wow! Such a beautiful baby shower Congratulations!

Nicole @ Chic and Cheap Nursery said...

Gorgeous!
Just wanted to let you know that I'll be featuring this shower at my site, www.chiccheapnursery.com, tomorrow 8/14/10.

hiyaluv said...

so cute and sweet! i love all the decorations:)
smiles,
gina
http://hiyaluv.blogspot.com