Friday, December 12, 2008

Many More Monkeys

Ever read the book Hand Hand Fingers Thumb by Dr. Seuss? Its one of my kids favorites!

"Hand in Hand More Monkeys Come, Dum ditty, Dum ditty, Dum, Dum, Dum!"

That's kind of how I've felt lately! Monkeys is a pretty popular theme...my own son Beckett had monkeys for his party, in fact. Since then I've had quite a few requests for monkey parties. Here are three that I've done lately...

The first was just a crown like Beckett's and some matching confetti. This was a VERY rushed order. She also was having Rachel from Goldenshop make a rush bib, too. Now usually Rachel and I would coordinate for something like this, but like I said, it was a very rushed order. The mom didn't even get to pick out paper or anything, she just told me the colors and had told both Rachel and I to use the monkey from Beckett's party. So I made the crown and then panicked that maybe Rachel's bib and my hat wouldn't match...but by this time it was 2 in the morning. AND I needed to ship the next day. AND I was out of paper. So I didn't know whether to even ask Rachel what she did, but of course I did anyway. And when she did we both pretty much were at a loss of words, because this is what she had made...
Isn't that crazy? We both used turquoise and brown stripes, neither of which we used for Beckett's party...it was total luck.

Then more recently, pretty much a day or two apart, got orders for two huge monkey parties, so here they are! I made them pretty similar since I was working on them pretty simultaneously.

First, Henry's 1st Birthday:The banner...
The door sign...
The high chair bunting...
The cupcake toppers and napkin rings...
The crown and hats...
And a closeup of the hats...
and the confetti.

Then Carson's 3rd birthday party. I just found out the other day this is the nephew of a former client who I have become friends with...I had no idea until during one of our email chats she mentioned that everyone loved the decor. Thanks for the referral, Heidi!
The Banner...
The crown and hats...
The cupcake toppers...
The napkin rings...
and the door sign.
Alright...enough 'monkeying around' for now. Some more Newman weekend photos tomorrow!

1 comment:

heidi said...

Yea!! My name made your blog, that makes me happy! Love the monkeys...speaking of monkeys, I have one trying to climb on the table as we speak :)