Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Future President?

Tate and I were watching the inauguration together this morning. He was pretty into it...he said the Lord's prayer while they did, listened to Aretha Franklin Sing, then while President Obama was being sworn in the conversation went something like this...

Tate: Hey Mom, I know that Barack Obama is our new president.

Me: Yes, Tate.

Tate: That means he is really important.

Me: Yes, it does.

Tate: Hey Mom, when will I be the president?

Me: Do you want to be the president?

Tate: Yes, actually, I do!

Me: Well, then you can run for president when you are older.

Tate: Okay. (Pause) Can we watch cartoons?

From President to Curious George in 1.2 seconds. That's a 4 year old for you.

1 comment:

Darci White said...

Thanks for remembering me! Those owls are too cute!!!!!!