Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Beckett's Farm Decor



As I've said before...we are so used to having MN winter birthdays, which means we have to have them inside. It was so fun to be able to decorate and have the party outside...a TOTALLY different ballgame!



I had a door sign-turned-garden sign as the guests walked up to the front of my parents house, but the majority of the decor was in the backyard. I used a pyramid of straw bales to backdrop the banner, which I again hung with shepherd's hooks...works perfectly for outdoor parties!



I now own almost every color of fabric to use as table cloths...my husband is SUPER THRILLED. I am sure you can sense my sarcasm! I just hate using the plastic ones and throwing them away...these look so much nicer and can be reused. I am sure I will get lots of use out of them in coming years. Just need hot pink and my collection will be complete! =)

I found small straw bales at Michael's for centerpieces and used the Ikea frames that I am using in Beckett's new bedroom to frame some of the pictures I took when I was getting a pic for his invitation. I used small toy tractors we already had to complete the centerpieces. I framed one of Beckett's invitations in a striped frame for the drink table...wish I had snatched some more of those up when I found them...it was so perfect with the paper I ended up using!



Last year a client did brown bag lunches for the kids since they usually don't like all the food the adults do anyway...perfect idea (thanks Michelle!)! I purchased gabled boxes and made coordinating labels. They were so easy to throw together and set on the table so the adults could get right in line for themselves instead of having to get the kids all set up first. We saved the empty boxes after the kids ate and they took their favors and goodies home in them. I no longer feel bad in having to invest in 100 of them to get a good deal...I know I'll be using them in the future!

As always, I purchased my plates and napkins from platesandnapkins.com...they always have the best selection and fun things to coordinate with any decor! Added a few napkin rings, threw them in a nice bucket and we were set!




It would not be a PDP party without some party hats and a crown for the bday boy. I drew the animal images on my computer that I used for much of the decor. I consider Tracie's cakes decor as well...I wish you could taste it through the computer. Yumm. And yes, I forgot the candles. And my camera. And the plastic cups. But you make due...in this case two partially used tea lights...ha! They were not as cute as the ones I had purchased of course, but what is a farm girl to do? No Target store a mile away, that's for sure.

Each of our tiny guests went home with a new tractor to play with...green of course. If you're not a farm kid, you probably don't know the difference, but there are red tractor people and green tractor people. We are green tractor people. Great Grandpa Merle sent the message that he is a red tractor person by wearing his bright red shirt. Very funny, Grandpa!

One more set of pics to post tomorrow night!

6 comments:

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

Love the gable boxes and the tea lights are too funny!

Stacy said...

Love, love this theme for a kids party! Great idea and I can just imagine how fun it was. The colors are great also and I really like the packed lunch for the kids. I never thought of doing something like that. I can't wait to see the rest of the party.

Unknown said...

As always... I LOVE IT!! You think of every little detail and I love it!! Looks like a great time.

And I must say, we are 'green tractor' people too. Its the only that comes between Patti and I. HA!

Jodee said...

What a fabulous farm party! I love the box lunch idea!

I already found Kamree's theme for next year -- it's hot pink and zebra! You will have a blast working on that one!

Anonymous said...

Oh I am enjoying blogworld today. I just came across your beautiful website via a friend. - wow. Suzi

katie@tulsadetails said...

Love everything! All of the details are so adorable! I also love your baby's name. Too cute!