Friday, January 16, 2009

Just in case you were wondering...

My friend Judy emailed me today and asked if I had found my wedding rings and mother's ring yet. With all the hubbub of Avery's birthday and Christmases I completely forgot to blog the update.

I had my sister Kara come and help me clean for Avery's birthday party. With it being so close to Christmas I needed a little help and a fresh set of eyes to look for the rings. I had been thinking about it pretty much 24/7...and I had looked everywhere I could possibly think of. I mean, I'm talking I pulled every can out of the recycling and shook it, just in case the kids stuck them inside...took the vents out of the floor...felt in every Kleenex box in our house...looked inside every pair of shoes. I was LOSING HOPE to say the least. Even with my added incentive of $100 bonus if she found them, Kip cleaned all day and found nothing.

Then we went to our parents houses for Christmas and came back Friday the 26th. The only thing left to clean was the bathrooms, which Eric was doing as I was finishing decorations and making food. All of a sudden he came down (with rubber gloves on) and started making out with me. Yuck, right? He then handed me my rings.

This is how our kids' bathroom usually looks...And this is how it looked before Eric started cleaning...
Do you see the difference?
Never even thought of looking UNDER the books that often tip over. I must have set them there that afternoon after the other kids left when I gave the kids a bath. I actually ran around the house jumping and singing AAAAA-LLE-LUIA! Can you picture it?

Hello, beautifuls... I missed you...

4 comments:

kyliesmom910 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rach said...

JESS!! This is adorable! I love the story line! I tell everyone this story, and think of it every morning when I take my rings off to put on my lotion. Thank GOODNESS your babies are back in your life! I did some calculations and at $0.84 an hour, you would need to work for 10,714 hours, in other words 446 days straight, to replace these little guys! :)

xo

heidi said...

Yea! I was wondering about this too. Thanks for sharing. Woo-hoo!!

Carter's mom said...

Honestly I had forgotten about your rings and I am SO glad you found them (well Eric found them) but I am also impressed and amazed that your husband cleans bathrooms! Wow, just WOW!