Tuesday, October 28, 2008

So I've made a decision...and you may not like it...

Let me begin by saying how awesome it has been to experience basically almost instant success with this whole PD&P thing. I never could have imagined that it would take off this well so quickly. I mean, I had a pretty good idea that if I used this kind of stuff, that others would, too. But I didn't imagine myself being 14 custom orders deep! So thank you to everyone for challenging my creativity and keeping me busy!

Now I know you're worried that I'm going to say I'm quitting. Don't worry...I'm not quitting, just getting ready to take a bit of a break. You see, Christmas is Eric and my favorite time of year. We try to squeeze every minute full of activities that we can...then when the kiddos go to bed just take some time to be together. Not that we don't do that all year, but we try really hard at Christmas to be present with our family and makes some good memories. So during the past few weeks I have been getting nervous. As soon as the kids are in bed I am working trying to get all these orders done...and let's just say my house isn't as clean as it used to be and on more than one occasion my husband has had to search the unfolded baskets of laundry for socks and underwear! :) Then there's Avery's birthday in December and I'll also be planning my friend Leah's baby shower that is the first week in January. Plus I want to get some business items in order so that when I start up again I'll be better organized and spend less time doing what I need to do to get your items to you in the quickest time possible. AND it has pretty much been decided that I'm going back to teaching next fall and I only have this year to be home with the kids. All that added with all the thinking I've been doing since my friend MaryKay died made me come to this decision.

I will not be working on any custom orders during December. If you have a party in December or early January that you would like custom items for, you will need to order them by November 15. Any custom orders taken after November 15th are not guaranteed to be mailed until January 15th.

Now, you ask anyone and they'll tell you I'm HORRIBLE at saying no when it comes to others asking me to do things for them. Completely and utterly horrible. And the thought of missing out on some orders or disappointing people is already making me more than a little uneasy. But this time I am going to stick to my guns....for my family...for my sanity...and for these huge bags developing underneath my eyes! :)

What a boring post, huh? I better throw in a couple pics of the fam to make it a little more interesting...

Did I mention Becks learned to walk last week?And here are the kids at the pumpkin patch:And for those of you who I know read GOLDENSHOP's blog and read her entry about me sending her a pic of it snowing here on Sunday...
Yes, that's snow and my nice facial expression is due to the extreme winds that accompanied it. It all melted when it hit the ground, God Bless America. But I'm guessing there will be some padding under those costumes for warmth on Friday night!

Back later with more deor!

6 comments:

My Daily Circus said...

smart woman Jess! Well I might have to put in an order for a little welcome baby banner the date is Jan 23rd.....You look really good in that picture. Love the orange coat.

Darci White said...

good for you. seriously - i applaud you for setting your priorities. you'll look back and be very glad you took the time to spend with your family!

Whitney of lilli tutu said...

Jess,

Of course, I do not know you but your post struck close to my heart. I worked all weekend (a BEAUTIFUL fall weekend) and every night this week to complete several custom orders while my husband entertained my 3 year old. While finishing up the 5th pair of pants, I declared NO MORE! No more over-extending myself...yes, I will continue to take custom orders but I will be better at knowing when I have said "yes" one too many times. I work full time during the day so that only leaves nights and weekends. Don't feel bad about your decision! You'll get it all worked out:)

Whitney

The Green Family said...

way to go, i am sure you need the break!! your family is gorgeous!!

Carter's mom said...

Jess, You have my support and I honor you for putting your family first. If only more people did that....

The pictures are adorable, but snow Eeeek!

I'm guessing you are going to have a VERY busy November until quitting day! Have a very Merry Christmas and I hope there are still blog updates and maybe some new hot chocolate recipes, hee hee.

:) Sara

heidi said...

Jess, great job! You are a great wife and mother and I know you will look back on this time and be so grateful that you had it. How cute are you and your family!!?