Monday, September 22, 2008

Time flies when you're having fun...

After our fun weekend of birthday partying and spending one last day on the boat, let me just say today was not the best of days! Bad luck, a crabby 4 year old, almost getting in a car accident, and a shady manager at Office Max contributed to the events of the day. Let's just say I hope time "flies" this week with days better than today! :) Praise God there are always tomorrows.

I did this airplane theme earlier in the summer. A girl from my hometown decided she wanted to do the same theme for her son Owen's first birthday. I sent her to get her invitations from b|e creative and then got to work on the rest. Jen is so easy going that she said "Just do what you think looks good." Yes! Music to my ears.

So here it is, Owen's airplanes:
The banner...
The crown and party hats...The cake topper...
The door sign...
And finally, the confetti...
Then another client also wanted me to do an airplane theme, but wanted me to make invitations that were a little "busier" (her words, not mine!). I went in search of the kind of plane she wanted and sent her a few samples. After I found something she liked, I redrew it in the colors we wanted to use and added the details. Sara loved the invitations, but she said "Simple is not my way...can we add some of the papers you got to the back instead of just the solid?" Of course we can! So here is how they turned out:
There will be a lot more coming in the next few weeks from this party, too!

1 comment:

Carter's mom said...

I forgot to comment on how much I LOVE the invites, thanks Jess, can't wait to see the rest of it in person!